Let me Challenge you, Change you, and Cheer you on while you become the best version of YOU!

Contact me:
832.741.9404
tiff.nuno@me.com

Pro-Rated Boot Camp Session

Enter total # of classes at checkout

Yay Burpees!

Yay Burpees!
You know it, baby!

Tiff-Fit

Tiff-Fit
That's how we roll!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pushups rock!

Boot campers, you are awesome! Super job today with all those squat and pushup variations! I know you all have your favorite, don't you?! And now you have so many options to choose from when you're doing them at home! You can thank me later...and guess what...I'll introduce you to even more soon! I can see/hear the giddiness in each of you :)
Thanks so much for the great meal ideas, Dana! You wanna run my blog?!? I am going to post your suggestions below. If anyone else had any other recommendations that you love and/or use regularly, please feel free to share.
I also use most of the items Dana mentioned-the deli thin buns, English muffins, egg beaters-good stuff. I've done the English muffins toasted with shredded 2% cheese and some roma tomato slices for lunch or snack. Tonight I am trying the deli thins w/ some hummus spread on it and fresh raw veggies on the side (which also go well with the hummus). I'm also hoping to make another batch of the Mexican bean salad tomorrow to last me to the weekend.
Another good cheese snack is Sargento's reduced fat colby jack cheese rectangles. I get them at Sam's, and it's a good sized bag. Each one has 60 calories, 4.5 g of fat, and 5 g protein. Great snack with an apple (like Dana suggested).
Here are Dana's meal ideas:
A quick and easy way to get some protein in the morning--

1. Spray a mug w/ Pam, then pour in 1/4 C egg beaters
2. Microwave for 1 minute. As the Micro is going, put an Orowheat Sandwich thin (High fiber, 100 cal for 1 "bun") in the toaster (you could also use a Thomas Light 100 cal multigrain English muffin)topped w/ a piece of Deli Deluxe 2% American Cheese.
3. Add egg, and it's like you've got an egg McMuffin! It only takes about 2 minutes! You can also add a piece of lean ham to get a little more protein boost. Without the ham, it is 190 cal and 15 gm of protein.

Another snack idea is the mini Light Babybel Cheese with a piece of fruit.
You can get the BabyBel Light Cheese at Sam's a lot cheaper than the grocery. The Babybel cheese is only 50 cal and 6 gm of protein.

As Dana says, "If you haven't tried the Sandwich Thins, they come in multigrain or whole wheat- and you can get 16 of them at Sam's for $4.32- which is a lot cheaper than HEB- I eat them for breakfast, use them for sandwiches and hamburgers- LOVE them! (And if you do Weight Watchers they are only 1 pt!)" I totally agree--these things are great! You could make mini pizzas with them as well. The possibilities are endless!

So go try some of these great suggestions! And let us know if you have any more!
One more day of boot camp this week! Then a nice little Easter break. Don't eat too many chocolate bunnies this weekend! Make good food choices. Remember-you are getting stronger and fitter! YOU ARE AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment