Let me Challenge you, Change you, and Cheer you on while you become the best version of YOU!

Contact me:
832.741.9404
tiff.nuno@me.com

Pro-Rated Boot Camp Session

Enter total # of classes at checkout

Yay Burpees!

Yay Burpees!
You know it, baby!

Tiff-Fit

Tiff-Fit
That's how we roll!

Monday, March 9, 2015

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK

Challenge of the Week: It’s YOUR Time, Spend it Wisely.
I read an article that really inspired me the other day…  The article is called “The Busy Trap” by Tim Krieder, and I have to admit that I’m guilty of it occasionally.
The first paragraph reeled me in:
“It’s become the default response when you ask anyone how they’re doing: “Busy!” “So busy.” “Crazy busy.” It is, pretty obviously, a boast disguised as a complaint. And the stock response is a kind of congratulation: “That’s a good problem to have,” or “Better than the opposite.”
It’s important to remember that it’s OK to do NOTHING sometimes. (I have to remind myself of this sometimes, too!)
“The space and quiet that idleness provides is a necessary condition for standing back from life and seeing it whole, for making unexpected connections and waiting for the wild summer lightning strikes of inspiration — it is, paradoxically, necessary to getting any work done.”
So…after reading this article, my challenge of the week for YOU, is to REALLY analyze everything you are doing.
Ask yourself the following questions:
  • Is what I am doing really necessary and I am doing it efficiently, or I am just being “busy”?
  • Is it moving me forward in a personal or professional way?
  • Does this really make me happy?
If you answered NO to any of those questions, then you may want think twice about keeping it on your schedule or even outsourcing the task if possible.
Now, we can’t ALWAYS be doing everything we want every minute of the day, but we can be more aware of how we are spending our time.
Once we actually become AWARE of how we spend our time, we can make a CHOICE on HOW we spend it.
I would HIGHLY recommend reading the original article:      http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/30/the-busy-trap/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0
If you’re not too busy, make sure to respond if YOU are committed to this week’s CHALLENGE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment