Let me Challenge you, Change you, and Cheer you on while you become the best version of YOU!

Contact me:
832.741.9404
tiff.nuno@me.com

Pro-Rated Boot Camp Session

Enter total # of classes at checkout

Yay Burpees!

Yay Burpees!
You know it, baby!

Tiff-Fit

Tiff-Fit
That's how we roll!

Friday, March 22, 2013

Effective Strategies When Eating Out



Develop a plan in advance

Look at the restaurant menu online and decide on the healthiest option that you’d enjoy and stick to it. Ask Tiff for advice and she will hold you accountable :)

Eat a small, healthy snack before dining out

If you’re pleasantly hungry, rather than starved, you can relax, eat slowly and enjoy the meal, rather than risking losing control by overeating unhealthy foods.

Load up on vegetables

Unless they are fried or soaked in butter or oil, you cannot go wrong with veggies because they are very low in calories, high in fiber and loaded with other beneficial nutrients, and have almost no adverse affect on blood sugar levels.

Include a lean protein source

For example, if you order a large salad, ask the waiter to add grilled chicken or cottage cheese

Make simpler, healthier changes to the meals you enjoy

If you want to order what you think you “should” rather than what you really want, you may be satisfied physically, but not psychologically...and will most likely crave something more...and end up making poor choices later on.

Drink plenty of water and eat slowly

As soon as you sit down to the table, ask for water and start drinking. Try and finish a glass before ordering (or at least eating) your food. Chew you food s-l-o-w-l-y! Savor each bite, put your fork down between bites, and engage in conversation with your companion.

Listen to your body

Stop eating when you begin to feel full, not necessarily when your plate is empty. No one says that you have to eat the entire meal--box it up and enjoy the rest later.


YOU are the paying customer and can request that your meal is prepared however you like. Here are some examples of what to tell the waiter to help keep your meal healthy, yet still enjoyable:

Could I have that with white breast meat instead of dark meat, please?

Could I have my fish grilled instead of fried?

Could you please go light on the cheese (oil, butter, cream, etc)?

Could I have my baked potato with everything on the side?

Could I please have my sandwich (or burger) without cheese and mayonnaise, add extra lettuce, tomatoes and mustard?

I’d like low-calorie dressing on the side, please.

Can you steam the vegetables without any oil or butter, please?

Please make my omelet with just the whites and go light on the cheese.

May I get half my meal boxed-up in advance, please?

Could I have marinara sauce instead of the creamy one used in the dish?

Instead of french fries, could you please bring me a salad, dressing on the side, about 10 minutes before my entree?

No comments:

Post a Comment